Actor Sean Bean Called Off His Fourth Wedding Abruptly
Sean Bean sent a shock to everyone from families to friends when he suddenly called off what would have been his fourth wedding just 24 hours before it was due to take place.
The film and stage actor was due to wed his actress girlfriend Georgina Sutcliffe in a register office service at Old Marylebone Town Hall in Central London earlier this month, but called it off due to what was cited as "personal issues."
Bean, as reported by the Daily Mail, "came the frantic round of last-minute phone calls to family and close friends telling them that the wedding was off."
No further explanation on why Bean called the wedding off, nor did his father Brain Bean know the exact reason behind it. "I don't know why. He hasn't said anything to us," the man said in a statement. "I expect to speak to him tonight."
There were reportedly 15 wedding guests already traveled to London for the ceremony, and were left stunned by the news.
"It has come as a huge shock to everyone. We were told the wedding was off at the last minute and that it was because of personal reasons," an unnamed guest said. "Our first thought was that someone had died, but it seems it was a personal matter between Georgina and Sean. We don't know what happened for sure but we assume there has been one hell of an argy-bargy and that they called the whole thing off as a result."
Georgina's mother Amanda Sutcliffe, in fact, hinted that Bean, 48, and Georgina, 29, would be going ahead with their wedding plans in the future, told reporters "They are not married yet but it is going ahead and obviously I shall be going. I can't say any more."
Bean was first married to his high-school sweetheart Debra James before then divorced and wed actress Melanie Hill, with whom he had two daughters Lorna and Molly. Following their split, he then married English actress Abigail Cruttenden, mother of his another daughter Evie Natasha.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show