Fox Searchlight to Produce 'Baggage Claim'
David Talbert's new project "Baggage Claim" has been picked up by Fox Searchlight. Hollywood Reporter let out the news that the studio has agreed to produce and finance the drama comedy film.
"Baggage" tells a story about a single thirty-something flight attendant, Montana Moore, who travels the country on a 30-day, 30,000-mile barnstorm across America in a mission to find a husband. Along the way, she meets several interested men, including a preacher, a politician and a tycoon.
Like Talbert's first major feature film "First Sunday" opened in theaters last Sunday, the new film that is adapted from his own 2005 novel will be directed, produced and written by him. It is said to be aimed at black audience similar to Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married?" and "Madea's Family Reunion".
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses