Fox Searchlight to Produce 'Baggage Claim'
David Talbert's new project "Baggage Claim" has been picked up by Fox Searchlight. Hollywood Reporter let out the news that the studio has agreed to produce and finance the drama comedy film.
"Baggage" tells a story about a single thirty-something flight attendant, Montana Moore, who travels the country on a 30-day, 30,000-mile barnstorm across America in a mission to find a husband. Along the way, she meets several interested men, including a preacher, a politician and a tycoon.
Like Talbert's first major feature film "First Sunday" opened in theaters last Sunday, the new film that is adapted from his own 2005 novel will be directed, produced and written by him. It is said to be aimed at black audience similar to Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married?" and "Madea's Family Reunion".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival