Robbie Williams Threatens to Hold Up His Album
Robbie Williams who earlier this week, has announced his break from touring and producing a new album in 2008, launches another move that will make him stays really low this year. The pop singer has threatened to pull the plug with EMI that suppose to release his new album this September.
"The question is, 'Should Robbie deliver the new album he is due to release to EMI?' We have to say the answer is 'No'," Williams' manager Tim Clark told The Times. "We have no idea how EMI will market and promote the album. They do not have anyone in the digital sphere capable of doing the job required. All we know is they are going to decimate their staff. EMI can sue or pay up his contract. Robbie needs to know what services EMI can provide to an artist of his standing."
EMI, managed by Terra Firma, has been facing problems with their artists since Guy Hands bought it last year and Tony Wadsworth stepped down from his 26 years position as the head. Those who have made the exit from the label include Radiohead and Paul McCartney.
David Holmes, manager of Coldplay which was also rumored to be leaving the label, also issued a statement regarding their disappointment in the changing. He said, "Tony was the reason a lot of bands signed to EMI. Artists want to work with music people, not finance guys."
More Robbie Williams News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce