Frodo Revealed Details of 'The Hobbit' Sequel
Details about Peter Jackson's upcoming projects concerning the prequel of "Lord of the Rings" have been shared. In an interview with MTV Movies Blog, Elijah Wood confirmed the rumor that the planned sequel of "The Hobbit" is going to be the bridge between "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings".
To MTV News, the actor who played Frodo revealed that he knew the fact after he emailed the Academy Award-winning director, Jackson. He said, "I haven't spoken to him directly about it [but] I've e-mailed him, and as far as I know the two films that they're doing, one will be 'The Hobbit' and another will take place between the 60 years that happened between 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings'."
Though the ensemble of the two planned films haven't been cast yet, Wood confessed that he would love to be the part of the films. "If I'm asked to go back and revisit that character and it makes sense, I would love to. I would absolutely love to. Nothing was really written with Frodo involved in it...But if he [Frodo] should show up, it would actually be the perfect way to revisit because it could be small enough that I could go back and have a nice sort of reunion with the memories that I have of the experience," said the "Day Zero" actor. Meanwhile, "The Hobbit" is expected to hit theaters in 2010.
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion