Frodo Revealed Details of 'The Hobbit' Sequel
Details about Peter Jackson's upcoming projects concerning the prequel of "Lord of the Rings" have been shared. In an interview with MTV Movies Blog, Elijah Wood confirmed the rumor that the planned sequel of "The Hobbit" is going to be the bridge between "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings".
To MTV News, the actor who played Frodo revealed that he knew the fact after he emailed the Academy Award-winning director, Jackson. He said, "I haven't spoken to him directly about it [but] I've e-mailed him, and as far as I know the two films that they're doing, one will be 'The Hobbit' and another will take place between the 60 years that happened between 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings'."
Though the ensemble of the two planned films haven't been cast yet, Wood confessed that he would love to be the part of the films. "If I'm asked to go back and revisit that character and it makes sense, I would love to. I would absolutely love to. Nothing was really written with Frodo involved in it...But if he [Frodo] should show up, it would actually be the perfect way to revisit because it could be small enough that I could go back and have a nice sort of reunion with the memories that I have of the experience," said the "Day Zero" actor. Meanwhile, "The Hobbit" is expected to hit theaters in 2010.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'