Frodo Revealed Details of 'The Hobbit' Sequel
Details about Peter Jackson's upcoming projects concerning the prequel of "Lord of the Rings" have been shared. In an interview with MTV Movies Blog, Elijah Wood confirmed the rumor that the planned sequel of "The Hobbit" is going to be the bridge between "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings".
To MTV News, the actor who played Frodo revealed that he knew the fact after he emailed the Academy Award-winning director, Jackson. He said, "I haven't spoken to him directly about it [but] I've e-mailed him, and as far as I know the two films that they're doing, one will be 'The Hobbit' and another will take place between the 60 years that happened between 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings'."
Though the ensemble of the two planned films haven't been cast yet, Wood confessed that he would love to be the part of the films. "If I'm asked to go back and revisit that character and it makes sense, I would love to. I would absolutely love to. Nothing was really written with Frodo involved in it...But if he [Frodo] should show up, it would actually be the perfect way to revisit because it could be small enough that I could go back and have a nice sort of reunion with the memories that I have of the experience," said the "Day Zero" actor. Meanwhile, "The Hobbit" is expected to hit theaters in 2010.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna