Grammy-Nominated Tift Merritt Back With New Album
Taking a three-years absence from releasing studio albums, Grammy-nominated singer Tift Merritt is set to release the follow up to the highly acclaimed 'Tambourine'. The alt-country singer signed a new deal with Fantasy Records to release 'Another Country' on February 26.
Post releasing 'Tambourine' in 2004, Merritt took a break in Paris to get more intimate with her piano. She had completed a set of songs including the title track and a song called 'Broken' which will go to the new album. Merritt who was assisted by producer Geroge Drakoulias, received collaborations from guitarists Charlie Sexton and Doug Pettibone and Tift's longtime band; Zeke Hutchins (drums), Jay Brown (bass) and Danny Eisenberg (keyboards).
Merritt will begin a string of dates which is scheduled to preview her album today, January 11 in Brooklyn, New York. She will also host her own public radio program called 'The Spark' on January 27 with Nick Hornby as the first guest.
- Another Country (Windows Media)
- Another Country (Quicktime)
- Broken (Windows Media)
- Broken (Quicktime)
Tift Merrit's 'Another Country' Tour Dates:
- January 11 - Union Hall - Brooklyn, New York
- March 17 - Johnny Brenda's - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- March 18 - Iron Horse Music Hall - Northampton, Massachusetts
- March 21 - Birchmere Music Hall - Alexandria, Virginia
- March 28 - House of Blues, Parish Room - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses