Sean Penn Acknowledged by Directors Guild of America
Not being able to score a single award from the 7 nominations it garnered at the 13th Critics' Choice Awards, "Into the Wild" gave out consolation for its director as Sean Penn was named amongst the nominees of the 60th Annual Directors Guild of America awards. On Tuesday, January 8, the actor turned director was nominated for the outstanding directing of a feature film category.
For the top prize, Penn has to be up against favorite winners, the Coen brothers and Paul Thomas Anderson who were nominated for their acclaimed films "No Country for Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood" respectively. He will also have to face stiff competition from the director of "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", Julian Schnabel, and the helmer of "Michael Clayton", Tony Gilroy.
Most of the nominees for the honor were first-time nominees, except for the Coen brothers who were previously nominated for "Fargo". In the meantime, the winner of the 60th DGA awards will be announced on Saturday, January 26, at the Hyatt Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
More Sean Penn News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3