Taylor Hicks Split With Label, Taking More 'Freedom'
One more American Idol graduate has parted ways with Arista/ J Records. Ruben Studdard of season two decided to switch label to Simon Fuller's 19 Management in 2007, but Taylor Hicks of fifth season takes a bolder move by reportedly, taking independence in releasing his next album.
Reports indicated that Hicks is dropped by the label. In a short statement, J Records publicist Liz Morentin said, "Taylor is going to record on his own for the next album." No further details have been released regarding the split.
Hicks previously posted on his MySpace that there is a plan to release a new album that will follow his 2006 self-titled major release. A plan for tour and and DVD release this year were also mentioned in the post.
Hicks who recently appeared on Asian Idol that was held in Jakarta, Indonesia, talked about his new album in an interview. "I think I'll have a lot more freedom creatively this go-around," he said. "I'll also have the time now to create an album without the post-winning-'Idol' constrictions. I have time for the album to breathe artistically."
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico