The Producer of Scary Movie to Star in G.I. Joe
One of the Hollywood's comic brothers, the Wayans, is set to star in the war-themed film, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". According to Variety, Marlon Wayans has signed a deal with Paramount Pictures to play Ripcord, a leader of the military unit.
In the film based on Hasbro's American soldier action figure, Wayans will play alongside Rachel Nichols, Sienna Miller, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Said Taghmaoui. In the meantime, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is said to be in negotiations to join the action movie.
Further, the Stephen Sommers-directed film that is set ten years in the future is scheduled to begin shooting sometime in February 2008 in Los Angeles and will be released on August 7, 2009. It is said that the film will feature Destro and the Baroness as the main villains, while the rivalry between Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow will be one of its main plot points.
Wayans is famous for being a producer of "Scary Movie" series and portraying Marcus Copeland in "White Chicks". He can also be seen in "Little Man" and "The Ladykillers". Recently, he was reported to be developing a cop action spoof with his brothers, Shawn Wayans and Keenen Ivory Wayans.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower