The Producer of Scary Movie to Star in G.I. Joe
One of the Hollywood's comic brothers, the Wayans, is set to star in the war-themed film, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". According to Variety, Marlon Wayans has signed a deal with Paramount Pictures to play Ripcord, a leader of the military unit.
In the film based on Hasbro's American soldier action figure, Wayans will play alongside Rachel Nichols, Sienna Miller, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Said Taghmaoui. In the meantime, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is said to be in negotiations to join the action movie.
Further, the Stephen Sommers-directed film that is set ten years in the future is scheduled to begin shooting sometime in February 2008 in Los Angeles and will be released on August 7, 2009. It is said that the film will feature Destro and the Baroness as the main villains, while the rivalry between Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow will be one of its main plot points.
Wayans is famous for being a producer of "Scary Movie" series and portraying Marcus Copeland in "White Chicks". He can also be seen in "Little Man" and "The Ladykillers". Recently, he was reported to be developing a cop action spoof with his brothers, Shawn Wayans and Keenen Ivory Wayans.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna