The Producer of Scary Movie to Star in G.I. Joe
One of the Hollywood's comic brothers, the Wayans, is set to star in the war-themed film, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". According to Variety, Marlon Wayans has signed a deal with Paramount Pictures to play Ripcord, a leader of the military unit.
In the film based on Hasbro's American soldier action figure, Wayans will play alongside Rachel Nichols, Sienna Miller, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Said Taghmaoui. In the meantime, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is said to be in negotiations to join the action movie.
Further, the Stephen Sommers-directed film that is set ten years in the future is scheduled to begin shooting sometime in February 2008 in Los Angeles and will be released on August 7, 2009. It is said that the film will feature Destro and the Baroness as the main villains, while the rivalry between Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow will be one of its main plot points.
Wayans is famous for being a producer of "Scary Movie" series and portraying Marcus Copeland in "White Chicks". He can also be seen in "Little Man" and "The Ladykillers". Recently, he was reported to be developing a cop action spoof with his brothers, Shawn Wayans and Keenen Ivory Wayans.
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full