The Producer of Scary Movie to Star in G.I. Joe
One of the Hollywood's comic brothers, the Wayans, is set to star in the war-themed film, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". According to Variety, Marlon Wayans has signed a deal with Paramount Pictures to play Ripcord, a leader of the military unit.
In the film based on Hasbro's American soldier action figure, Wayans will play alongside Rachel Nichols, Sienna Miller, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Said Taghmaoui. In the meantime, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is said to be in negotiations to join the action movie.
Further, the Stephen Sommers-directed film that is set ten years in the future is scheduled to begin shooting sometime in February 2008 in Los Angeles and will be released on August 7, 2009. It is said that the film will feature Destro and the Baroness as the main villains, while the rivalry between Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow will be one of its main plot points.
Wayans is famous for being a producer of "Scary Movie" series and portraying Marcus Copeland in "White Chicks". He can also be seen in "Little Man" and "The Ladykillers". Recently, he was reported to be developing a cop action spoof with his brothers, Shawn Wayans and Keenen Ivory Wayans.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic