Mya to Part Ways With Motown and Go Independent
In a recent interview with StarNewsOnline.com, Mya revealed that her much-delayed album will be out this year and follow it with others. In addition to that she unveiled her intention to leave Motown Records and a consideration to an independent release.
When asked about the new album Mya answered, "I don't like to talk about my album until it's out on the shelves. I'm not giving up too much information, but all I'll say is I'll have a series of albums coming out. The album is already recorded."
The statement led to why her album had been delayed a lot at which point she said, "Every record company is in transition right now so when the record company has to wait for income then the artist has to wait. Sometimes an artist might decide they want to part ways when they don't want to wait."
Mya also said that she will bid Motown goodbye "sometime next year" and map out a plan to release her own album in order to take a 100 per cent profit from it because after all she had funded her own project.
Mya's album 'Liberation' has spawned two singles 'Lock U Down' feat. Lil Wayne and 'Ridin''. The fourth studio album from the R'n'B singer had been worked on since 2004 and delayed frequently.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS