Mya to Part Ways With Motown and Go Independent
In a recent interview with StarNewsOnline.com, Mya revealed that her much-delayed album will be out this year and follow it with others. In addition to that she unveiled her intention to leave Motown Records and a consideration to an independent release.
When asked about the new album Mya answered, "I don't like to talk about my album until it's out on the shelves. I'm not giving up too much information, but all I'll say is I'll have a series of albums coming out. The album is already recorded."
The statement led to why her album had been delayed a lot at which point she said, "Every record company is in transition right now so when the record company has to wait for income then the artist has to wait. Sometimes an artist might decide they want to part ways when they don't want to wait."
Mya also said that she will bid Motown goodbye "sometime next year" and map out a plan to release her own album in order to take a 100 per cent profit from it because after all she had funded her own project.
Mya's album 'Liberation' has spawned two singles 'Lock U Down' feat. Lil Wayne and 'Ridin''. The fourth studio album from the R'n'B singer had been worked on since 2004 and delayed frequently.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'