Mya to Part Ways With Motown and Go Independent
In a recent interview with StarNewsOnline.com, Mya revealed that her much-delayed album will be out this year and follow it with others. In addition to that she unveiled her intention to leave Motown Records and a consideration to an independent release.
When asked about the new album Mya answered, "I don't like to talk about my album until it's out on the shelves. I'm not giving up too much information, but all I'll say is I'll have a series of albums coming out. The album is already recorded."
The statement led to why her album had been delayed a lot at which point she said, "Every record company is in transition right now so when the record company has to wait for income then the artist has to wait. Sometimes an artist might decide they want to part ways when they don't want to wait."
Mya also said that she will bid Motown goodbye "sometime next year" and map out a plan to release her own album in order to take a 100 per cent profit from it because after all she had funded her own project.
Mya's album 'Liberation' has spawned two singles 'Lock U Down' feat. Lil Wayne and 'Ridin''. The fourth studio album from the R'n'B singer had been worked on since 2004 and delayed frequently.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters
- Drew Barrymore Eats Humans in First 'Santa Clarita Diet' Trailer