27 Dresses' Premiere Date Pushed Back
The premiere of Katherine Heigl's new romantic comedy has been pushed back from its original date. According to reports, Fox 2000 Pictures has just announced that instead of being released on January 11, "27 Dresses" will be opened on theaters on the first day of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend, January 18, 2008, following an overwhelming response to sneak previews for the film.
Allegedly, by moving the date, the studio can maximize the holiday sales and give the audience another chance to see the sneak previews on January 13. It was also said that the studio wants to offer the romantic comedy movie as an alternative to "Cloverfield" which is also scheduled to be premiered on the same date. Still, by pushing back the opening night, the film now has to be up against another comedy movies, "Mad Money" starring Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah and Katie Holmes, and Mitchell Lichtenstein's "Teeth" apart from facing the Matt Reeves' thriller.
The sneak previews of "27 Dresses" was played on December 27 in 539 theaters nationwide with a unique twist as it displayed 27 models wearing specially-made bridesmaid dresses adorned with the movie's title and credits. The movie itself resolves around Jane, a woman who has been a bridesmaid 27 times and was forced to re-examines her 'always a bridesmaid' lifestyle after her younger sister got engaged to her boss.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years