Jay-Z to Launch New Record Label With Apple?
Words are getting stronger that Jay-Z is about to strike a deal with Apple now that he is off the hook from his post as Def Jam's CEO. The rapper and Hip-Hop mogul is reportedly talking to the execs at the computer company to launch a new record label.
This has been one of the speculations of what Jay-Z meant when he said he was "considering several different options" prior the decision to quit Def Jam. Boy Genius Report who broke the news the first time, said that Jay "is supposedly totally into the (Apple) business model".
Should this be true, Jay will hop on a similar desk job that he served at Def Jam, to "develop and attract" urban artists. However, Jay previously refused to sell his latest album 'American Gangster' through iTunes because each song was able to be sold individually on the Apple's technology.
More Jay-Z News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby