Jay-Z to Launch New Record Label With Apple?
Words are getting stronger that Jay-Z is about to strike a deal with Apple now that he is off the hook from his post as Def Jam's CEO. The rapper and Hip-Hop mogul is reportedly talking to the execs at the computer company to launch a new record label.
This has been one of the speculations of what Jay-Z meant when he said he was "considering several different options" prior the decision to quit Def Jam. Boy Genius Report who broke the news the first time, said that Jay "is supposedly totally into the (Apple) business model".
Should this be true, Jay will hop on a similar desk job that he served at Def Jam, to "develop and attract" urban artists. However, Jay previously refused to sell his latest album 'American Gangster' through iTunes because each song was able to be sold individually on the Apple's technology.
More Jay-Z News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding