Jay-Z to Launch New Record Label With Apple?
Words are getting stronger that Jay-Z is about to strike a deal with Apple now that he is off the hook from his post as Def Jam's CEO. The rapper and Hip-Hop mogul is reportedly talking to the execs at the computer company to launch a new record label.
This has been one of the speculations of what Jay-Z meant when he said he was "considering several different options" prior the decision to quit Def Jam. Boy Genius Report who broke the news the first time, said that Jay "is supposedly totally into the (Apple) business model".
Should this be true, Jay will hop on a similar desk job that he served at Def Jam, to "develop and attract" urban artists. However, Jay previously refused to sell his latest album 'American Gangster' through iTunes because each song was able to be sold individually on the Apple's technology.
More Jay-Z News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns