Jay-Z to Launch New Record Label With Apple?
Words are getting stronger that Jay-Z is about to strike a deal with Apple now that he is off the hook from his post as Def Jam's CEO. The rapper and Hip-Hop mogul is reportedly talking to the execs at the computer company to launch a new record label.
This has been one of the speculations of what Jay-Z meant when he said he was "considering several different options" prior the decision to quit Def Jam. Boy Genius Report who broke the news the first time, said that Jay "is supposedly totally into the (Apple) business model".
Should this be true, Jay will hop on a similar desk job that he served at Def Jam, to "develop and attract" urban artists. However, Jay previously refused to sell his latest album 'American Gangster' through iTunes because each song was able to be sold individually on the Apple's technology.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo