Jay-Z to Launch New Record Label With Apple?
Words are getting stronger that Jay-Z is about to strike a deal with Apple now that he is off the hook from his post as Def Jam's CEO. The rapper and Hip-Hop mogul is reportedly talking to the execs at the computer company to launch a new record label.
This has been one of the speculations of what Jay-Z meant when he said he was "considering several different options" prior the decision to quit Def Jam. Boy Genius Report who broke the news the first time, said that Jay "is supposedly totally into the (Apple) business model".
Should this be true, Jay will hop on a similar desk job that he served at Def Jam, to "develop and attract" urban artists. However, Jay previously refused to sell his latest album 'American Gangster' through iTunes because each song was able to be sold individually on the Apple's technology.
More Jay-Z News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce