Britney Spears Showed Up for Deposition, Yet Cut the Session Short
Britney Spears appeared Thursday, January 3 in the Los Angeles law offices of her ex-husband Kevin Federline's attorney for her long-awaited deposition in her child-custody battle.
The pop star was originally scheduled to start her deposition from 9:45 A.M. until 11:45 A.M. Didn't leave her home until after 10 A.M. Britney was 90 minutes late by the time she arrived at Mark Vincent Kaplan's offices in Century City, California.
Had her deposition proceedings started at about 11:30 A.M., Britney however cut the session short, leaving after less than 15 minutes of questioning. She was videotaped by TMZ exiting the building shortly before noon with her new assistant, Sorrell Trope, and drove off in her white Mercedes without addressing the press.
"The deposition proceeding did go forward today. It was scheduled for 9:45 to 11:45," Kaplan said. "However, it wasn't able to commence until 11:32. You can imagine in 14 minutes there's not a lot of time to develop questions."
Went on saying that he "would've preferred it had gone on longer," Kaplan added Britney was "cooperative."
Still according to Kaplan, another deposition appointment had been set for Britney but he did not disclose when the session would be taking place. He also said the singer did give a reason for her tardiness, but he declined to elaborate.
More Britney Spears News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie