Opening Soon, Be Kind Rewind Sweeding Movie Studio
Coming up with a unique idea in promoting his latest directorial effort "Be Kind Rewind", Michel Gondry will open a "Sweeding movie studio" at New York City's art gallery Deitch Projects and run it from January 24 to March 1, 2008 , the filmmaker has revealed to the LA Times.
"Groups of people walk in and will have access to a workshop," he told the paper. "There is a very simple protocol: You shoot in camera, edit while you shoot - which means you stop the camera when you want to go to the next scene, you don't edit. Story lines last five to 10 minutes. And most of the exhibition will be a mini back lot with 15 little sets. In two hours, you can walk in, create a story, shoot a movie, watch it in the screening movie. Then you leave and take a copy."
Further, Gondry has also assured that all videos created in the gallery can be viewed and rented by the visitors, saying he is hoping to "create a network of creativity and communication that is guaranteed to be free and independent from any commercial institution."
Apart from the studio, New Line Cinema reportedly will transform a house near Main Street into the "Be Kind Rewind" video store from the flick as well at the upcoming Sundance Film Festival, slated to be held on January 17-27, 2008. Those attending the annual event can stop by this "Sweding suite" and participate in Sweding by inserting themselves into photos from the picture.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier