Sequel Flicks Coming in 2008
As the year 2007 is closing up, AceShowbiz.com feels obliged to list movie sequels that will battle among themselves towards the box office. As part of the trend that put animations and special effect-infused pics on top of the agenda, those deemed 'highly-anticipated' may come quite predictable.
The earliest sequel movie coming within the calendar may be 'Step Up 2 the Streets', but minus its original cast (Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan), its anticipation may be overshadowed by 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian' that retains its original cast and 'The Incredible Hulk' which is hopeful with its new star, Edward Norton.
Perhaps the best treat coming in the middle of the year would be the long-awaited 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' where Harrison Ford will appear on the same frame with rising star Shia LaBeouf.
In July, Universal Pictures will release 'Hellboy II: The Golden Army' that will go head to head with Warner Bros' 'Batman Begins' follow-up, 'The Dark Knight' and 20th Century Fox's Untitled X-Files Sequel.
Judging from the reprise of Brendan Fraser and the compensation Maria Bello with Jet Li, 'The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor' is predicted to receive moderate success. The same case will happen to drama flick 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2' which first film did surprisingly well despite America Ferrera's star meter prior 'Ugly Betty'.
Coming in the fourth quarter of 2008 would be the ever gory 'Saw V' and 'Bond 22' that becomes a curiosity after Daniel Craig promised a more 'comical' James Bond. As light entertainment, there are 'Scary Movie 5' that never runs out of idea despite less horror flicks were released this year and the Ben Stiller voice-starring animation, 'Madagascar: The Crate Escape'.
To close out the year, movie fans will be treated with a new year at Hogwarts School and the adventure of Captain Spock. 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince', released on November 21 could be one of the most anticipated films in 2008, so does the eleventh entry of 'Star Trek' that is due December 25.
Other sequels that haven't got a release date but are expected to come out in 2008 will be 'Ace Ventura 3' and 'Sin City 2'.
Sequels to watch in 2008:
- Step Up 2 the Streets
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
- The Incredible Hulk
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army
- The Dark Knight
- Untitled X-Files Sequel
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
- Saw V
- Bond 22
- Scary Movie 5
- Madagascar: The Crate Escape
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Star Trek
- Ace Ventura 3
- Sin City 2
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'