Top Grossing Movie of 2007: Spider-Man 3
Real life drama may have earned their place in 2007, but special effects remain a favorite throughout the year especially since computer-generated imagery can bring comic heroes to life.
The third installment of the Sam Raimi-directed movie, 'Spider-Man 3', is counted as the top-grossing movies of 2007. The flick was released in May, grabbed $336,530,303 in total gross, thanks to its opening number that was named the biggest of all time, netting $151.1 million.
The web-slinging superhero was proven more anticipated than the return of Jack Sparrow. 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End' took the fourth place, by grossing $309,420,425 in total. The question is, which two works that beat the movie that smashed the international record with its second installment?
Surprisingly, green ogre and Bumblebee became the answer. By earning a total gross of $321,012,359, 'Shrek the Third', also released in May, is placed second of the highest grossing movie of 2007 and the first for an animated movie. Meanwhile, 'Transformers', that was dropped a month after, earned a slight difference at $319,071,806 and therefore sat at #3.
In his fifth year at Hogwarts, Harry Potter has not exhausted his fans although his physical appearance was quite a problem. 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' landed the fifth position by earning $292,004,738, followed by another sequel movie 'The Bourne Ultimatum' at $227,471,070.
Semi-animated flick '300' that was given a head start in March is also included in the list, nailing $210,614,939 of total gross and rightfully claiming the seventh place. Pixar-produced 'Ratatouille' amazed animated fans with its cooking rat, snapping $206,445,654 that arguably is quite well for a G-Rated movie.
Closing up the Top 10 list of Highest Grossing Movies in the Box Office this year are the witties, 'The Simpsons Movie' and 'Wild Hogs'. The former gained $183,132,370 while the latter that benefited from its starry cast, earned a respectful $168,273,550.
U.S. Top 20 Grossing Movie of 2007:
- Spider-Man 3
- Shrek the Third
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- The Bourne Ultimatum
- The Simpsons Movie
- Wild Hogs
- I Am Legend
- Knocked Up
- Rush Hour 3
- Live Free or Die Hard
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- American Gangster
- Night at the Museum
- Bee Movie
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair