Top Grossing Movie of 2007: Spider-Man 3
Real life drama may have earned their place in 2007, but special effects remain a favorite throughout the year especially since computer-generated imagery can bring comic heroes to life.
The third installment of the Sam Raimi-directed movie, 'Spider-Man 3', is counted as the top-grossing movies of 2007. The flick was released in May, grabbed $336,530,303 in total gross, thanks to its opening number that was named the biggest of all time, netting $151.1 million.
The web-slinging superhero was proven more anticipated than the return of Jack Sparrow. 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End' took the fourth place, by grossing $309,420,425 in total. The question is, which two works that beat the movie that smashed the international record with its second installment?
Surprisingly, green ogre and Bumblebee became the answer. By earning a total gross of $321,012,359, 'Shrek the Third', also released in May, is placed second of the highest grossing movie of 2007 and the first for an animated movie. Meanwhile, 'Transformers', that was dropped a month after, earned a slight difference at $319,071,806 and therefore sat at #3.
In his fifth year at Hogwarts, Harry Potter has not exhausted his fans although his physical appearance was quite a problem. 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' landed the fifth position by earning $292,004,738, followed by another sequel movie 'The Bourne Ultimatum' at $227,471,070.
Semi-animated flick '300' that was given a head start in March is also included in the list, nailing $210,614,939 of total gross and rightfully claiming the seventh place. Pixar-produced 'Ratatouille' amazed animated fans with its cooking rat, snapping $206,445,654 that arguably is quite well for a G-Rated movie.
Closing up the Top 10 list of Highest Grossing Movies in the Box Office this year are the witties, 'The Simpsons Movie' and 'Wild Hogs'. The former gained $183,132,370 while the latter that benefited from its starry cast, earned a respectful $168,273,550.
U.S. Top 20 Grossing Movie of 2007:
- Spider-Man 3
- Shrek the Third
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- The Bourne Ultimatum
- The Simpsons Movie
- Wild Hogs
- I Am Legend
- Knocked Up
- Rush Hour 3
- Live Free or Die Hard
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- American Gangster
- Night at the Museum
- Bee Movie
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'