Michelle Rodriguez Spends Christmas Behind Bars
Violating her probation for a variety of crimes, including hit and run as well as DUI, Michelle Rodriguez once again had to go to jail and this time she had to spend her Christmas behind bars. The "Lost" star checked herself to Lynwood jail, the same facility where Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, and Lindsay Lohan served their time, at 4:33 PM on Sunday, December 23.
She was expected to stay behind bars for 180 days, but may get out early for good behavior. She might also be released sooner than her penalty because of the overcrowding jail according to legal experts, though Superior Court Judge Daviann L. Mitchell has specifically forbidden an early release for her.
Her submitting to the jail was a result of a sentence dropped on October 10 after she, as stated by the L.A. City Attorney's office, "admitted violating her probation by failing to provide proof of completion of her community service and for consuming alcohol three times while wearing an alcohol-monitoring device."
Before this prison admission, the Hollywood bad girl had been serving an extended probation term for several driving violations. In May 2006, she had to serve four hours and 20 minutes of her two-month sentence at the Lynwood Jail for violating her DUI probation following the arrest case in Hawaii in December 2005 for which she also spent over two days in a Honolulu jail.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius