12th Florida Film Critics Circle Awards Honorees Picked
Critics' favorite "No Country for Old Men" took another glorious turn in the award season as the crime drama thriller triumphantly topped this year's Florida Film Critics Circle Awards, handed out Friday, December 21, 2007.
Overall, the Miramax Films' acclaimed feature swept four kudos of Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor for Javier Bardem, Best Director for brothers Ethan and Joel Coen, and Best Cinematography for Roger Deakins. The latest turned out to also get honored for his work in Western drama "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford", which recently was deemed Best Picture at the 2007 SFFCC Awards.
Young star Ellen Page, in the meantime, also landed multiple trophies by taking home both Best Actress title and Pauline Kael Breakout Award through her performance in "Juno." Pic's scribe Diablo Cody scored in as well with an honor in Best Screenplay category.
Other recipients of the 12th annual Florida Film Critics Circle Awards:
- Best Foreign-Language Film: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" by Julian Schnabel
- Best Documentary: "No End in Sight" by Charles Ferguson
- Best Animated Film: "Ratatouille" by Brad Bird
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"
- Best Supporting Actress: Amy Ryan, "Gone Baby Gone"
- Best Original Songs: "Once"
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special