12th Florida Film Critics Circle Awards Honorees Picked
Critics' favorite "No Country for Old Men" took another glorious turn in the award season as the crime drama thriller triumphantly topped this year's Florida Film Critics Circle Awards, handed out Friday, December 21, 2007.
Overall, the Miramax Films' acclaimed feature swept four kudos of Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor for Javier Bardem, Best Director for brothers Ethan and Joel Coen, and Best Cinematography for Roger Deakins. The latest turned out to also get honored for his work in Western drama "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford", which recently was deemed Best Picture at the 2007 SFFCC Awards.
Young star Ellen Page, in the meantime, also landed multiple trophies by taking home both Best Actress title and Pauline Kael Breakout Award through her performance in "Juno." Pic's scribe Diablo Cody scored in as well with an honor in Best Screenplay category.
Other recipients of the 12th annual Florida Film Critics Circle Awards:
- Best Foreign-Language Film: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" by Julian Schnabel
- Best Documentary: "No End in Sight" by Charles Ferguson
- Best Animated Film: "Ratatouille" by Brad Bird
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"
- Best Supporting Actress: Amy Ryan, "Gone Baby Gone"
- Best Original Songs: "Once"
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up