Katherine Heigl Ties the Knot!
On Sunday, December 23, at the Stein Erikson Lodge in Deer Valley, Utah, 'Grey's Anatomy' star, Katherine Heigl exchanged vows with her musician fiance, Josh Kelley. The private ceremony which lasted about 30 minutes was held inside the white-draped tent and attended by 80 friends and family, including her co-stars in Grey's, T. R. Knight, Sandra Oh, Kate Walsh and Justin Chambers.
In the intimate ceremony, Heigl wore a traditional white Oscar De La Renta gown, while her groom dressed in Tommy Hilfinger. Accompanying the bride and the groom, the bridesmaids, including Heigl's maid of honor who is her sister, were dressed in cranberry red cocktail dresses also designed by De La Renta. Meanwhile, the groomsmen, including T. R., and the best men whose honor was given to Kelley's younger brother wore Hilfiger.
In the ceremony officiated by Unitarian minister Tom Goldsmith, Heigl walked down the aisle to an acoustic song entitled 'December 23' that is performed by a cello and guitar players. The song was written especially for the bride by Kelley. Following that, the couple went straight to exchange their self-written vows and rings which are custom designed for the special event.
Additionally, to make the nuptials looked even more like a fairy-tale wedding, the walkway from the tent to the reception area, where the guest dined on traditional Christmas fare after the nuptials, was lined with white candles and the tent itself was placed in an area decked out in white flowers and white candles. And, upon the guests arrivals, they were given gift baskets of Christmas cookies. The details of the ceremony will be reported exclusively by OK! Magazine which hits newsstands on January 3, 2008.
The couple first met on the set of Kelley's music video 'Only You', in which Heigl was the model, in 2005. They then become engaged on June 2006. Prior to the wedding, the couple spent the last week to make the last minute wedding preparations. People magazine reported that on Wednesday, December 19, they spent the day running errands in Los Feliz, Calififornia. After Heigl got her nails done at Fancy Nails, the happy pair then lunched at French bistro Figaro with her mom and T. R. On Friday, they met with Rev. Goldsmith at his church in Salt Lake, while on Saturday, Heigl celebrated her bridal shower with an all-day trip to the spa, complete with Victoria's Secret gifts and buckets of Moet & Chandon champagne accompanied by 15 of her friends.
More Katherine Heigl News
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover