Sam Raimi Working on Supernatural Thriller Drag Me to Hell
Returning to his genre roots after his directing stints in three "Spider-Man" films, Sam Raimi is set to take helming duties in a supernatural thriller feature entitled "Drag Me to Hell", Variety has revealed.
A morality tale about the unwitting recipient of a supernatural curse, the project has already had its script written by Raimi and his brother Ivan Raimi. The prominent filmmaker will also serve as producer alongside Robert Tapert and Grant Curtis with production to begin early next year.
Tapert, a longtime partner of Raimi at Ghost House, informed that the screenplay was originally penned by the brothers under the title of "The Curse" and completed right after the two teamed up in 1992's "Army of Darkness" that Sam Raimi directed.
"Sam calls it a 'spook-a-blast,' a wild ride with all the chills and spills that 'Evil Dead' delivered, without relying on the excessive violence of that film," Tapert remarked. "When one has done three very expensive movies, they get used to eating caviar. Sam will have to ponder what it means to come down from the mountaintop for a moment."
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...