Sam Raimi Working on Supernatural Thriller Drag Me to Hell
Returning to his genre roots after his directing stints in three "Spider-Man" films, Sam Raimi is set to take helming duties in a supernatural thriller feature entitled "Drag Me to Hell", Variety has revealed.
A morality tale about the unwitting recipient of a supernatural curse, the project has already had its script written by Raimi and his brother Ivan Raimi. The prominent filmmaker will also serve as producer alongside Robert Tapert and Grant Curtis with production to begin early next year.
Tapert, a longtime partner of Raimi at Ghost House, informed that the screenplay was originally penned by the brothers under the title of "The Curse" and completed right after the two teamed up in 1992's "Army of Darkness" that Sam Raimi directed.
"Sam calls it a 'spook-a-blast,' a wild ride with all the chills and spills that 'Evil Dead' delivered, without relying on the excessive violence of that film," Tapert remarked. "When one has done three very expensive movies, they get used to eating caviar. Sam will have to ponder what it means to come down from the mountaintop for a moment."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!