Tony Parker Sued Celebrity Gossip Website X17online Over Cheating Claims
Recently issued a denial over the widely-reported cheating allegation, Tony Parker is now aiming for legal proceedings. The basketball player has on Wednesday, December 19 filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court against X17online, suing the celebrity gossip Website for publishing such reports he claimed as false and the text messages that alleged he cheated on wife Eva Longoria with French top model Alexandra Paressant.
In his lawsuit, Parker alleged that X17 never contacted him, Eva, or either of their representatives before running the stories, and worse refused to retract them after being told the claims were false.
"This is false. It never happened. And X17 had to know that the story was false, or, at the very least, it had to have entertained serious doubts about the credibility of its supposed source," so said the lawsuit, adding that Parker has never met anyone named Alexandra Paressant.
Accused X17online of a series of "false and defamatory" stories, the NBA star is seeking at least $40 million in damages and a court injunction ordering X17 to stop publishing the stories.
View the complaint in the lawsuit documents obtained by TMZ.com.
Just last week X17online posted Paressant's story that she had a two-months affair with Parker. The story said Paressant told X17 she attended Parker's wedding last summer, during which French soccer star Thierry Henry introduced her to the basketball star.
The following day they made public the text messages Paressant claimed she exchanged with Parker.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding