Tony Parker Sued Celebrity Gossip Website X17online Over Cheating Claims
Recently issued a denial over the widely-reported cheating allegation, Tony Parker is now aiming for legal proceedings. The basketball player has on Wednesday, December 19 filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court against X17online, suing the celebrity gossip Website for publishing such reports he claimed as false and the text messages that alleged he cheated on wife Eva Longoria with French top model Alexandra Paressant.
In his lawsuit, Parker alleged that X17 never contacted him, Eva, or either of their representatives before running the stories, and worse refused to retract them after being told the claims were false.
"This is false. It never happened. And X17 had to know that the story was false, or, at the very least, it had to have entertained serious doubts about the credibility of its supposed source," so said the lawsuit, adding that Parker has never met anyone named Alexandra Paressant.
Accused X17online of a series of "false and defamatory" stories, the NBA star is seeking at least $40 million in damages and a court injunction ordering X17 to stop publishing the stories.
View the complaint in the lawsuit documents obtained by TMZ.com.
Just last week X17online posted Paressant's story that she had a two-months affair with Parker. The story said Paressant told X17 she attended Parker's wedding last summer, during which French soccer star Thierry Henry introduced her to the basketball star.
The following day they made public the text messages Paressant claimed she exchanged with Parker.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake