12th San Diego Film Critics Society Awards Recipients Listed
American critics groups appear to mostly put "No Country for Old Men" in their top list of film choices as the crime drama thriller took another best picture honor from San Diego Film Critics Society, which revealed on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 the winners of its 12th annual SDFCS Awards.
Apart from the top prize, the movie also scored in three other categories of Best Ensemble Performance, Best Supporting Actor for Tommy Lee Jones, and Best Cinematography for Roger Deakins. Pic, however, only managed to bring its makers, brothers Joel and Ethan Coen, the runner-up title in Best Director and Adapted Screenplay slots for both went to Paul Thomas Anderson of "There Will Be Blood."
Coming in second as the best movie at the event, "Blood" struck big as well by collecting two more kudos of Best Actor for Daniel Day-Lewis and Best Score for Jonny Greenwood. Meanwhile, in the rest acting categories, names like Julie Christie and Amy Ryan both came out as champions, the former receiving the Best Actress trophy through "Away from Her" while the latter that of Best Supporting Actress for "Gone Baby Gone."
Here's the rest honorees of the 2007 SDFCS Awards:
- Best Foreign Language Film: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly"; Runner-up: "The Orphanage"
- Best Documentary (tie): "No End in Sight" and "Deep Water"
- Best Animated Feature: "Ratatouille"; Runners-up (tie): "Persepolis" and "Paprika"
- Best Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody ("Juno"); Runner-up: Gerard Soeteman and Paul Verhoeven, ("Black Book")
- Best Production Design: Dante Ferretti ("Sweeney Todd"); Runner-up: Sarah Greenwood ("Atonement")
- Best Editor: Paul Tothill, ("Atonement"); Runners-up: Christopher Rouse ("The Bourne Ultimatum"), Joel and Ethan Coen ("No Country for Old Men"), Paul Gilroy ("Michael Clayton")
- Best Actor Runners-up (tie): Viggo Mortensen ("Eastern Promises") and Russell Crowe ("3:10 to Yuma")
- Best Actress Runner-up: Ellen Page ("Juno")
- Best Supporting Actor Runner-up: Tom Wilkinson ("Michael Clayton")
- Best Supporting Actress Runner-up: Cate Blanchett ("I'm Not There")
- Best Cinematography Runner-up: Robert Elswitt ("There Will Be Blood")
- Best Score Runner-up: Dario Marianelli ("Atonement")
- Body of Work: Christian Bale for "3:10 to Yuma", "Rescue Dawn", and "I'm Not There"
- Kyle Counts Award: Larry Zeiger, retired Point Loma High School teacher
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her