Jim Jones and Styles P to Release a Joint Record
Rapper Jim Jones has announced that he will team up with fellow New Yorker, Styles P, for an album that is coming out via Koch Records. In an interview with radio host Tim Westwood on BBC's 1Xtra, Jones revealed the they got "some fire".
"Good music, good NYC music, something they haven't heard in a minute," Jones said. "Music is everywhere nowadays but New York set the precedent and we gotta get back to that. Its gonna be a good event, me and P."
Styles P added, "They say there is not a lot of unity where we come from. (Jim) represents a strong army and I represent a strong army, so there is money to be made. "He's been on the grind a long time, I've been on the grind a long time and besides music there isn't too many artists I bump with in the industry. Me and Jim we've had a relationship over the years, we see each other in the hood and we've kicked it. Somebody gotta put the city on their back , so we gonna put it on our backs."
Styles P signed his Koch deal in March 2007 and released a studio album 'Super Gangster (Extraordinary Gentleman)' on December 4. Jones meanwhile, has not released any studio album this year, the latest being 2006's 'Hustler's P.O.M.E. (Product Of My Environment)'. He is assisting LL Cool J for a track in his album 'Exit 13'
Jones and Styles P, however, have not unearthed the title of the album or the release date.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son