John Travolta Quits Dallas Movie, Replaced by Ben Stiller?
The only remaining cast member of "Dallas" seems to have also taken his leave from the project, if tidbit by New York Post's Page Six proves legit.
The gossip column claimed that John Travolta is no longer attached to the movie after being promoted as its anchor for more than two years. According to the insiders telling Page Six, the "Grease" star reportedly has been dropped from his role as J.R. Ewing and had the part given to Ben Stiller instead.
"John was given a nice seven-figure 'gift' to go away quietly," a source stated. "He also got five family members roles in the movie, and they aren't going to be in it now, either."
Heating things up, a friend of Travolta is also said to confirm that the actor "is not doing the movie", saying he and his family have "gone a different direction than was originally intended."
A representative for Travolta has declined to give any comment on the thespian's departure while that for Stiller denied that the funnyman got accepted for or was offered the Ewing role. A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox, in the meantime, also refused to release any statement regarding the matter.
More Dallas News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'