John Travolta Quits Dallas Movie, Replaced by Ben Stiller?
The only remaining cast member of "Dallas" seems to have also taken his leave from the project, if tidbit by New York Post's Page Six proves legit.
The gossip column claimed that John Travolta is no longer attached to the movie after being promoted as its anchor for more than two years. According to the insiders telling Page Six, the "Grease" star reportedly has been dropped from his role as J.R. Ewing and had the part given to Ben Stiller instead.
"John was given a nice seven-figure 'gift' to go away quietly," a source stated. "He also got five family members roles in the movie, and they aren't going to be in it now, either."
Heating things up, a friend of Travolta is also said to confirm that the actor "is not doing the movie", saying he and his family have "gone a different direction than was originally intended."
A representative for Travolta has declined to give any comment on the thespian's departure while that for Stiller denied that the funnyman got accepted for or was offered the Ewing role. A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox, in the meantime, also refused to release any statement regarding the matter.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week