John Travolta Quits Dallas Movie, Replaced by Ben Stiller?
The only remaining cast member of "Dallas" seems to have also taken his leave from the project, if tidbit by New York Post's Page Six proves legit.
The gossip column claimed that John Travolta is no longer attached to the movie after being promoted as its anchor for more than two years. According to the insiders telling Page Six, the "Grease" star reportedly has been dropped from his role as J.R. Ewing and had the part given to Ben Stiller instead.
"John was given a nice seven-figure 'gift' to go away quietly," a source stated. "He also got five family members roles in the movie, and they aren't going to be in it now, either."
Heating things up, a friend of Travolta is also said to confirm that the actor "is not doing the movie", saying he and his family have "gone a different direction than was originally intended."
A representative for Travolta has declined to give any comment on the thespian's departure while that for Stiller denied that the funnyman got accepted for or was offered the Ewing role. A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox, in the meantime, also refused to release any statement regarding the matter.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered