Snoop Dogg Eyeing a Johnny Cash Song for 'Ego Trippin'
Snoop Dogg is considering to include a cover of Johnny Cash song in his upcoming album, 'Ego Trippin'. The rapper believes that Cash's 1969 song 'A Boy Named Sue' is "gangster" enough for his record.
"I'm still trying to find a Johnny Cash (song) I can have fun with," Snoop said. "To me, Johnny Cash is a rapper. His s**t was dope, a lot of rappers don't know that. 'A Boy Named Sue' sounds gangster."
Country song 'A Boy Named Sue' was recorded live in California in the peak of Cash's singing career. It has been covered by several artists including rock act Joshua James, although none has made a commercial success compared to its original version.
'Ego Tripin' is scheduled to be released in March 2008. First single 'Sensual Seduction' aka 'Sexual Eruption' in dirtier version has been released along with its music video. Snoop has stated that it will be a solo record in the sense that there won't be any featured artist.
In between recording this album Snoop is juggling his days with a reality show called 'Snoop Dogg's Fatherhood' which will air on E! soon. David Beckham recently made a guest appearance in the show, teaching Snoop's children some soccer movements.
"I've been a big hip hop fan for many years, a big rap fan, and to be asked to do something with Snoop was incredible," Beckham said.
More Snoop Dogg News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna