'Into the Wild' Nailed 7 Nominations at 2007 Critics' Choice Awards
"Into the Wild" scored big in the nominations of 2007 Critics' Choice Awards. On Tuesday, December 11, the adventure drama movie collected seven nominations as the nominees for the 13th annual Critics' Choice Awards were announced by Broadcast Film Critics Association in New York.
The movie that is based on a true story of Christopher McCandless received nominations for Best Picture, Best Song for Eddie Vedder's "Guaranteed", as well as Best Director and Best Writer for Sean Penn. Additionally, its actors and actress, Emile Hirsch, Hal Holbrook and Catherine Keener, picked up nominations for Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress respectively.
Under the category of Best Picture, "Into the Wild" has to withstand challenge from "Juno" which gathered six nominations, including Best Acting Ensemble and Best Comedy Movie. Beside having to face a stiff competition from "Juno", "Into the Wild" also have to go up against "Atonement", "Michael Clayton", "No Country for Old Men", and "Sweeney Todd", which each got five nominations, in the same category.
Apart from the success of the movies, several cast member of the movies nominated picked up double nominations. For his performance in "Juno" and "Superbad", Michael Cera received two nominations in the category of Best Young Actor, and Cate Blanchett was nominated as Best Actress for "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and as Best Supporting Actress for "I'm Not There". At the same time, Amy Adams snagged Best Actress nomination for "Enchanted" and Best Song nomination for "That's How I Know" in the Disney's animated adventure movie.
The Awards nominees were announced by Hollywood actress Marisa Tomei and film critic who is also the chairman of the BFCA's New York chapter, Neil Rosen. Meanwhile, the awards ceremony will be held on January 7, 2008, at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. It will be hosted by D.L. Hughley and broadcasted live on VH1.
The list of the entire 13th Annual Critics' Choice Awards' Nominees can be seen in BFCA's 2007 Nominees.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius