'Into the Wild' Nailed 7 Nominations at 2007 Critics' Choice Awards
"Into the Wild" scored big in the nominations of 2007 Critics' Choice Awards. On Tuesday, December 11, the adventure drama movie collected seven nominations as the nominees for the 13th annual Critics' Choice Awards were announced by Broadcast Film Critics Association in New York.
The movie that is based on a true story of Christopher McCandless received nominations for Best Picture, Best Song for Eddie Vedder's "Guaranteed", as well as Best Director and Best Writer for Sean Penn. Additionally, its actors and actress, Emile Hirsch, Hal Holbrook and Catherine Keener, picked up nominations for Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress respectively.
Under the category of Best Picture, "Into the Wild" has to withstand challenge from "Juno" which gathered six nominations, including Best Acting Ensemble and Best Comedy Movie. Beside having to face a stiff competition from "Juno", "Into the Wild" also have to go up against "Atonement", "Michael Clayton", "No Country for Old Men", and "Sweeney Todd", which each got five nominations, in the same category.
Apart from the success of the movies, several cast member of the movies nominated picked up double nominations. For his performance in "Juno" and "Superbad", Michael Cera received two nominations in the category of Best Young Actor, and Cate Blanchett was nominated as Best Actress for "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and as Best Supporting Actress for "I'm Not There". At the same time, Amy Adams snagged Best Actress nomination for "Enchanted" and Best Song nomination for "That's How I Know" in the Disney's animated adventure movie.
The Awards nominees were announced by Hollywood actress Marisa Tomei and film critic who is also the chairman of the BFCA's New York chapter, Neil Rosen. Meanwhile, the awards ceremony will be held on January 7, 2008, at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. It will be hosted by D.L. Hughley and broadcasted live on VH1.
The list of the entire 13th Annual Critics' Choice Awards' Nominees can be seen in BFCA's 2007 Nominees.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle