The Cure Auctioning Guitar for West Memphis Three
Another musician has decided to lend a hand on the ongoing case of West Memphis Three. Robert Smith and his band The Cure donated a signed guitar which will be auctioned so that money from its sale can benefit the legal proceedings.
The guitar that is up for bidding is a Schecter RS-1000 acoustic that is personally designed by Smith and signed by the four members of the band. The specifications are "maple body with spruce top, maple and rosewood neck and specially designed white pearl moon and star inlays".
It was used by the band during studio sessions this year and has both Cure logo design and "Free the West Memphis Three" inscribed on it.
"Cases like the West Memphis Three's are a blemish to our justice system," said Anje Vela, president of Music4Life. "No innocent man or woman should be left to rot in prison without recourse, just because they lack the financial resources for a fair fight. Skeleton Key Auctions is grateful for bands such as The Cure who have generously donated to this cause."
Auction is opened at $999 starting from today, December 11 to December 25 through SkeletonKeyAuctions.
The West Memphis Three are three men accused of murdering three young boys in the West Memphis area in 1993, one have been sentenced in a death row while the other two are awaiting trials behind bars. Several people including celebrities such as Winona Ryder, Metallica, and Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines believe that they are innocent.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'