Three Big Names Eyed for Aretha Franklin Biopic
Picking up celebrated names in entertainment industry, Aretha Franklin reportedly is keen to have Oscar winners Jennifer Hudson and Halle Berry also "American Idol" winner from third season Fantasia Barrino to portray her in a film feature about her life.
The multiple Grammy Award-winning singer insists that the threesome have already been in the run for the part, but admitted that she still can't decide who is the most proper one to play it in the project.
"I'm still thinking of several people (to star as the singer), and that would be Halle Berry, possibly Fantasia, she'll be through on Broadway in January, and it could be Jennifer Hudson - you never know," so the Soul diva said. "There's no final on that yet."
Further, she added, "I'm still observing them and their projects. Dreamgirls I've watched a couple of times lately, and I'm still just trying to arrive at the right decision."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016