Amy Winehouse to Perform at 50th Grammys?
Her 2007 tour may be scrapped off but when it comes to Grammy, Amy Winehouse is ready to rumble. The British singer is reportedly "thrilled" to perform at the 50th annual Grammy Awards that gave her 6 nominations, the second largest number an artist gets this year.
"Amy is thrilled to be nominated for six Grammys and is very much hoping to attend," her representative told People.com. "She is determined to be ready and well for that performance."
However, it is also speculated that her recent arrest for marijuana possession in Norway could prevent her from getting a visa to U.S. The Grammys will be held at Los Angeles' Staples Center on February 10.
On other news, Winehouse is hailed as a "style icon" by Karl Lagerfeld, a German fashion designer who took an inspiration from her style. Lagerfeld said, "She is a beautiful, gifted artist. And I very much like her hairdo. I took it as an inspiration. Because, in fact, it was also Bridgette Bardot's haircut in the late Fifties and Sixties. And now Amy has made it her own style. So, when I saw her, I knew it was the right moment. Amy,she is the new Bridget."
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger