Will Smith Sank His Hands and Feet at Hollywood Landmark
Is having his latest film "I Am Legend" released this Friday, December 14, the celebration comes early for Will Smith. The two-time Oscar nominee was honored Monday, December 10 in the forecourt of Grauman's Chinese Theatre with an honor that required his signature.
Smith, a rapper-turned-actor, sank his hands and feet into the cement in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, joining the ranks of movie legends who have left an imprint of their hands and feet outside the famous Hollywood landmark.
"I'm humble, I'm honored, my heart is just beating right now," Smith commented about the honor. "I don't really understand it - I'm not used to feeling like that. There's something in the concrete about being etched into the fibre of Hollywood."
Smith, who shook hands with fans and posed for photos when he arrived on Hollywood Boulevard for the ceremony, was joined by pal Tom Cruise.
Called his movie "I Am Legend" as "special," Smith revealed "We made a really aggressive attempt at a different type of movie, so I'm anxious to see how people respond to it."
Smith will next appear in the action drama flick "Hancock," on theaters July next year, being in the same scene with Charlize Theron.
More Will Smith News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift