Will Smith Sank His Hands and Feet at Hollywood Landmark
Is having his latest film "I Am Legend" released this Friday, December 14, the celebration comes early for Will Smith. The two-time Oscar nominee was honored Monday, December 10 in the forecourt of Grauman's Chinese Theatre with an honor that required his signature.
Smith, a rapper-turned-actor, sank his hands and feet into the cement in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, joining the ranks of movie legends who have left an imprint of their hands and feet outside the famous Hollywood landmark.
"I'm humble, I'm honored, my heart is just beating right now," Smith commented about the honor. "I don't really understand it - I'm not used to feeling like that. There's something in the concrete about being etched into the fibre of Hollywood."
Smith, who shook hands with fans and posed for photos when he arrived on Hollywood Boulevard for the ceremony, was joined by pal Tom Cruise.
Called his movie "I Am Legend" as "special," Smith revealed "We made a really aggressive attempt at a different type of movie, so I'm anxious to see how people respond to it."
Smith will next appear in the action drama flick "Hancock," on theaters July next year, being in the same scene with Charlize Theron.
More Will Smith News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'