Jay-Z to Close 2008 With an Exclusive Concert
After mapping only a short tour for his 'American Gangster' album in November, Jay-Z is giving an exclusive one-off performance to close the year over the weekend.
The rapper whose album opened at #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release, will showcase some of the tracks at Las Vegas' 'The Pearl' on Saturday, December 29. "The evening is going to be a throw back to 1960's style Las Vegas," Jay-Z told AllHipHop.com. "This is definitely going to be the place to be for New Year's weekend."
Tickets are sold ranging from $128.00 to $228.00 starting from this Saturday (December 15) at noon. The doors to the venue that can accommodate up to 2,500 people will be opened at 7:00 P.M.
Jay-Z's contract with Island Def Jam will expire the end of this year also. Rumor has it that he won't extend the deal and instead will sign to Columbia where his girlfriend Beyonce Knowles is.
More Jay-Z News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?