Jay-Z to Close 2008 With an Exclusive Concert
After mapping only a short tour for his 'American Gangster' album in November, Jay-Z is giving an exclusive one-off performance to close the year over the weekend.
The rapper whose album opened at #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release, will showcase some of the tracks at Las Vegas' 'The Pearl' on Saturday, December 29. "The evening is going to be a throw back to 1960's style Las Vegas," Jay-Z told AllHipHop.com. "This is definitely going to be the place to be for New Year's weekend."
Tickets are sold ranging from $128.00 to $228.00 starting from this Saturday (December 15) at noon. The doors to the venue that can accommodate up to 2,500 people will be opened at 7:00 P.M.
Jay-Z's contract with Island Def Jam will expire the end of this year also. Rumor has it that he won't extend the deal and instead will sign to Columbia where his girlfriend Beyonce Knowles is.
More Jay-Z News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer