Jay-Z to Close 2008 With an Exclusive Concert
After mapping only a short tour for his 'American Gangster' album in November, Jay-Z is giving an exclusive one-off performance to close the year over the weekend.
The rapper whose album opened at #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release, will showcase some of the tracks at Las Vegas' 'The Pearl' on Saturday, December 29. "The evening is going to be a throw back to 1960's style Las Vegas," Jay-Z told AllHipHop.com. "This is definitely going to be the place to be for New Year's weekend."
Tickets are sold ranging from $128.00 to $228.00 starting from this Saturday (December 15) at noon. The doors to the venue that can accommodate up to 2,500 people will be opened at 7:00 P.M.
Jay-Z's contract with Island Def Jam will expire the end of this year also. Rumor has it that he won't extend the deal and instead will sign to Columbia where his girlfriend Beyonce Knowles is.
More Jay-Z News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs