'There Will Be Blood' Joins 2008 Berlinale Movie Line-Up
The year of 2007 proved to be another good year for helmer Paul Thomas Anderson as his movie "There Will Be Blood" won 2007 LAFCA Awards and 2007 NYFCO Awards. To top that on Monday, December 10, the 2008 movie line-up for the Competition program has been announced by the Berlin International Film Festival and his drama film is chosen to join the listing.
In the 58th annual Berlinale, the movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis will compete against seven other movies for the Golden Bear Award. Its competitors are Errol Morris's "S.O.P. Standard Operating Procedure", Doris Doerrie's "Hanami", Wang Xiaoshuai's "Zuo You" (In Love We Trust), Fernando Eimbcke's "Lake Tahoe", Damian Harris' "Gardens of the Night", Andrzej Wajda's "Katjn", and Jose Padilha's "Tropa de Elite" (The Elite Squad).
In the festival that is considered as one of the leading film festivals alongside Cannes and Venice, "There Will Be Blood" will make its International premiere accompanied by the German movie "Katjn" and the Brazil movie "Tropa de Elite". Meanwhile, "Zuo You" from China, "Hanami" from Germany, "S.O.P. Standard Operating Procedure" from USA, and "Lake Tahoe" from Mexico will make their world premiere there.
Even though eight titles have been confirmed by the Berlin film festival organizers, the movies selection for the Competition program won't be completed until mid-January 2008 since there will be more than 20 pictures that are expected to participate in the film competition. Following its tradition in holding the festival annually in February, the next Berlin film festival will be held starting from February 7, 2008 to February 17, 2008 and the premiere will be done in the Berlinale Palast at Marlene-Dietrich-Platz 1.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent