More Awards for 'There Will Be Blood' From 2007 New York Film Critics Online
"There Will Be Blood" reigned at the 2007 Movie Critics Awards. After being announced as the winner of Best Picture Award in 2007 LA Critics Awards along with three other prizes, it brought home five more kudos from New York Critics Online.
Though has to share the Best Picture award with "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", the drama film nailed prizes for Best Director and Best Actor, the awards which they also got from L.A. Film Critics. It also won the Best Cinematography and the Best Score.
The NYFCO's announcement also crowned "Persepolis" and "Away From Her" the next big winners as they each won two awards. "Persepolis" was named as Best Animated Picture and Best Foreign Picture even though it had to share with the drama thriller movie, "The Lives of Others" for the latter prize. Meanwhile, "Away From Her" managed to bring praises for its actress, Julie Christie who won Best Actress, and its director, Sarah Polley who was named Best Debut as Director.
Still on the same award winners announcement, "No Country for Old Men" who is hailed as the strong contender for Oscar only managed to get Best Supporting Actor award through Javier Bardem, while the drama movie, "I'm Not There" brought Best Supporting Actress award for Cate Blanchett. Here below is the complete list of the 2007 NYFCO winners:
- Best Picture: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" and "There Will Be Blood"
- Best Director: Paul Thomas Anderson, "There Will Be Blood"
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"
- Best Actress: Julie Christie, "Away From Her"
- Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, "No Country for Old Men"
- Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, "I'm Not There"
- Best Cinematography: "There Will Be Blood," Robert Elswit
- Best Screenplay: "The Darjeeling Limited, "Wes Anderson, Jason Schwartzman, Roman Coppola
- Best Foreign Picture: "The Lives of Others" and "Persepolis"
- Best Documentary: "Sicko"
- Best Animated Feature: "Persepolis"
- Best Music/Score: "There Will Be Blood," Jonny Greenwood
- Best Breakout Performance: Ellen Page, "Juno"
- Best Debut as Director: Sarah Polley, "Away From Her"
- Best Ensemble Performance: "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead"
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'