Usher in Talks to Star in a Broadway Revival of Classical Play "Golden Boy"
First invaded Broadway playing the role of conniving lawyer Billy Flynn in the long-running musical revival "Chicago" in 2006, Usher is now about to make a comeback to the stage as he's been lined up to star in a Broadway revival of classical play "Golden Boy."
The R&B star who has just become a father for the first time is said to be in talks to take on the role made famous by Sammy Davis, Jr. in the 1960s, about a pianist who quits music to become a boxer.
Charles Strouse who composed the music to Lee Adams' lyrics for the musical tells the New York Post, "I can't tell you the contract have been signed yet, but Usher's interest in the show is real. He's a rare talent. He moves so well, and he's a terrific singer. I would be the most flattered guy in the world if he does the show."
As of his personal life, Usher welcomed the arrival of his first child with wife Tameka Foster, a baby boy named Usher Raymond V, back on November 26.
More Usher News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry