Usher in Talks to Star in a Broadway Revival of Classical Play "Golden Boy"
First invaded Broadway playing the role of conniving lawyer Billy Flynn in the long-running musical revival "Chicago" in 2006, Usher is now about to make a comeback to the stage as he's been lined up to star in a Broadway revival of classical play "Golden Boy."
The R&B star who has just become a father for the first time is said to be in talks to take on the role made famous by Sammy Davis, Jr. in the 1960s, about a pianist who quits music to become a boxer.
Charles Strouse who composed the music to Lee Adams' lyrics for the musical tells the New York Post, "I can't tell you the contract have been signed yet, but Usher's interest in the show is real. He's a rare talent. He moves so well, and he's a terrific singer. I would be the most flattered guy in the world if he does the show."
As of his personal life, Usher welcomed the arrival of his first child with wife Tameka Foster, a baby boy named Usher Raymond V, back on November 26.
More Usher News
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'