Usher in Talks to Star in a Broadway Revival of Classical Play "Golden Boy"
First invaded Broadway playing the role of conniving lawyer Billy Flynn in the long-running musical revival "Chicago" in 2006, Usher is now about to make a comeback to the stage as he's been lined up to star in a Broadway revival of classical play "Golden Boy."
The R&B star who has just become a father for the first time is said to be in talks to take on the role made famous by Sammy Davis, Jr. in the 1960s, about a pianist who quits music to become a boxer.
Charles Strouse who composed the music to Lee Adams' lyrics for the musical tells the New York Post, "I can't tell you the contract have been signed yet, but Usher's interest in the show is real. He's a rare talent. He moves so well, and he's a terrific singer. I would be the most flattered guy in the world if he does the show."
As of his personal life, Usher welcomed the arrival of his first child with wife Tameka Foster, a baby boy named Usher Raymond V, back on November 26.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival