Usher in Talks to Star in a Broadway Revival of Classical Play "Golden Boy"
First invaded Broadway playing the role of conniving lawyer Billy Flynn in the long-running musical revival "Chicago" in 2006, Usher is now about to make a comeback to the stage as he's been lined up to star in a Broadway revival of classical play "Golden Boy."
The R&B star who has just become a father for the first time is said to be in talks to take on the role made famous by Sammy Davis, Jr. in the 1960s, about a pianist who quits music to become a boxer.
Charles Strouse who composed the music to Lee Adams' lyrics for the musical tells the New York Post, "I can't tell you the contract have been signed yet, but Usher's interest in the show is real. He's a rare talent. He moves so well, and he's a terrific singer. I would be the most flattered guy in the world if he does the show."
As of his personal life, Usher welcomed the arrival of his first child with wife Tameka Foster, a baby boy named Usher Raymond V, back on November 26.
More Usher News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof