Usher in Talks to Star in a Broadway Revival of Classical Play "Golden Boy"
First invaded Broadway playing the role of conniving lawyer Billy Flynn in the long-running musical revival "Chicago" in 2006, Usher is now about to make a comeback to the stage as he's been lined up to star in a Broadway revival of classical play "Golden Boy."
The R&B star who has just become a father for the first time is said to be in talks to take on the role made famous by Sammy Davis, Jr. in the 1960s, about a pianist who quits music to become a boxer.
Charles Strouse who composed the music to Lee Adams' lyrics for the musical tells the New York Post, "I can't tell you the contract have been signed yet, but Usher's interest in the show is real. He's a rare talent. He moves so well, and he's a terrific singer. I would be the most flattered guy in the world if he does the show."
As of his personal life, Usher welcomed the arrival of his first child with wife Tameka Foster, a baby boy named Usher Raymond V, back on November 26.
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'