Three Big Names Signed for Second X Files Movie
Picking up more famous figures for the "The X Files" movie follow-up, filmmakers of the project have had rapper Xzibit, Amanda Peet, and Billy Connolly boarded the cast to join David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who are set to reprise their respective roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
While Connolly's role is undisclosed, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that both Xzibit and Peet will be billed as fellow FBI agents to Mulder and Scully. Further details about the characters are unclear as the 20th Century Fox appears to apply a policy of secrecy surrounding the plot line, yet it is learned that the flick will have a stand-alone premise and won't be a sequel to or continuation of the first big screen installment in the hit franchise.
Already assigned to direct is creator Chris Carter who also penned the screenplay alongside Frank Spotnitz. Filming is due to begin this month in Vancouver, Canada for a planned theatrical release date of July 25, 2008.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting