Three Big Names Signed for Second X Files Movie
Picking up more famous figures for the "The X Files" movie follow-up, filmmakers of the project have had rapper Xzibit, Amanda Peet, and Billy Connolly boarded the cast to join David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who are set to reprise their respective roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
While Connolly's role is undisclosed, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that both Xzibit and Peet will be billed as fellow FBI agents to Mulder and Scully. Further details about the characters are unclear as the 20th Century Fox appears to apply a policy of secrecy surrounding the plot line, yet it is learned that the flick will have a stand-alone premise and won't be a sequel to or continuation of the first big screen installment in the hit franchise.
Already assigned to direct is creator Chris Carter who also penned the screenplay alongside Frank Spotnitz. Filming is due to begin this month in Vancouver, Canada for a planned theatrical release date of July 25, 2008.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says