Three Big Names Signed for Second X Files Movie
Picking up more famous figures for the "The X Files" movie follow-up, filmmakers of the project have had rapper Xzibit, Amanda Peet, and Billy Connolly boarded the cast to join David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who are set to reprise their respective roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
While Connolly's role is undisclosed, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that both Xzibit and Peet will be billed as fellow FBI agents to Mulder and Scully. Further details about the characters are unclear as the 20th Century Fox appears to apply a policy of secrecy surrounding the plot line, yet it is learned that the flick will have a stand-alone premise and won't be a sequel to or continuation of the first big screen installment in the hit franchise.
Already assigned to direct is creator Chris Carter who also penned the screenplay alongside Frank Spotnitz. Filming is due to begin this month in Vancouver, Canada for a planned theatrical release date of July 25, 2008.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour