Three Big Names Signed for Second X Files Movie
Picking up more famous figures for the "The X Files" movie follow-up, filmmakers of the project have had rapper Xzibit, Amanda Peet, and Billy Connolly boarded the cast to join David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who are set to reprise their respective roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
While Connolly's role is undisclosed, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that both Xzibit and Peet will be billed as fellow FBI agents to Mulder and Scully. Further details about the characters are unclear as the 20th Century Fox appears to apply a policy of secrecy surrounding the plot line, yet it is learned that the flick will have a stand-alone premise and won't be a sequel to or continuation of the first big screen installment in the hit franchise.
Already assigned to direct is creator Chris Carter who also penned the screenplay alongside Frank Spotnitz. Filming is due to begin this month in Vancouver, Canada for a planned theatrical release date of July 25, 2008.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen