Three Big Names Signed for Second X Files Movie
Picking up more famous figures for the "The X Files" movie follow-up, filmmakers of the project have had rapper Xzibit, Amanda Peet, and Billy Connolly boarded the cast to join David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who are set to reprise their respective roles of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
While Connolly's role is undisclosed, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that both Xzibit and Peet will be billed as fellow FBI agents to Mulder and Scully. Further details about the characters are unclear as the 20th Century Fox appears to apply a policy of secrecy surrounding the plot line, yet it is learned that the flick will have a stand-alone premise and won't be a sequel to or continuation of the first big screen installment in the hit franchise.
Already assigned to direct is creator Chris Carter who also penned the screenplay alongside Frank Spotnitz. Filming is due to begin this month in Vancouver, Canada for a planned theatrical release date of July 25, 2008.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake