Musicians Likely to Be Nominated in 50th Grammys
With the announcement of Grammy nominees coming within hours from this published date, predictions of who will be the contenders have erupted. Among those having good shot are Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie, Linkin Park and Amy Winehouse.
The first three artists along with several others like Taylor Swift, Akon and Vince Gill will announce the nominees in Hollywood, today (November 6) at 8:30 A.M. (1600 GMT). Meanwhile, it is no longer a big secret that those joining this announcement will likely get the nominations as well.
Fergie gained a rather huge success through her 2006 solo album 'The Dutchess' that is still spawning singles. "Everyone loves her. I think she's going to get a lot of nods," senior music writer for Entertainment Weekly, Shirley Halperin, said.
Linkin Park, in the mean time, was the first act to crack the 500,000 milestone in U.S. album sales in 2007 through 'Minutes to Midnight'. Winehouse, despite her infamous personal life, managed to turn heads in the States via her second album 'Back to Black'.
Other musicians in high chance to gain a nod at the 50th annual event would be Kanye West, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Rihanna, Ozzy Osbourne, John Fogerty, DAUGHTRY, Feist, Robin Thicke and John Legend. The nominees are selected through thorough consideration from National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences that is comprised of 12,000 music industry professionals.
The 50th annual Grammy Awards will take place at Los Angeles' Staples Center on February 10.
More Stacy Ferguson News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed