Mathieu Amalric Confirmed on Being Bond 22's Villain
"Bond 22" has found its villain in Mathieu Amalric. According to Empire Online, the "The Diving and the Butterfly" star has confirmed his involvement in the new installment of James Bond movie.
Though he didn't share much details about his role, the French actor revealed that he will portray the enemy of James Bond. He said, "I will, it's true. I play the villain, yes. James Bond. It has to do with childhood, you know? To be a villain in James Bond is just so funny. I never dreamt about that. It's not what I want to do with my career. It's just that I have kids and it's so funny to do that. But it doesn't mean that I'm not going to do a very small French film for free with my friends."
Allegedly, in the movie, Amalric would play Vesper Lynd's boyfriend as Eva Green, the female star of "Casino Royale", hinted earlier. Furthermore, before the 42-year-old actor officially gave confirmation, in November, Fox News had sparked the rumor when they reported that Amalric has landed the role.
"Bond 22" is the continuation of the latest James Bond movie "Casino Royale". The movie, which once more is starring Daniel Craig, is planned to be released on November 7, 2008.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences