Prosecutors Cleared Jonathan Rhys-Meyers of Drunken Rage Charges
Judicial authorities have on Wednesday, December 5 dropped charges against Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, stemmed from an arrest in November after he was involved in a drunken clash with airport staff at Dublin Airport.
Meyers was due to fly back to London on November 18 after his appearance on RTE's "Tubridy Tonight" the day before when he was refused permission to board a British Midland. Being told by the airport staff that he was "unfit to travel", the actor was overheard by witnesses repeatedly insisted "I will get on this flight, no matter what."
Meyers was then escorted to the check-in area by airport police before then arrested and taken to Whitehall Garda station, being charged with public drunkenness and a breach of the peace. He was later on released on cash bail.
Meyers' lawyer, Michael Staines, who represented him during the hearing at the Dublin District Court said his client's behavior at the airport was "unacceptable and out of character." He, however, said his client "unreservedly apologizes" to airport security guards, police and staff at the British airline BMI, and planned to make a donation to an unspecified charity as a way to acknowledge his wrongdoing.
State prosecutors confirmed that day they had accepted an apology from the actor and dropped the charges. They, in fact, gave Meyers a legal caution, a probationary action under which he could face harsher penalties if he behaves that way in public in Ireland again.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation