Prosecutors Cleared Jonathan Rhys-Meyers of Drunken Rage Charges
Judicial authorities have on Wednesday, December 5 dropped charges against Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, stemmed from an arrest in November after he was involved in a drunken clash with airport staff at Dublin Airport.
Meyers was due to fly back to London on November 18 after his appearance on RTE's "Tubridy Tonight" the day before when he was refused permission to board a British Midland. Being told by the airport staff that he was "unfit to travel", the actor was overheard by witnesses repeatedly insisted "I will get on this flight, no matter what."
Meyers was then escorted to the check-in area by airport police before then arrested and taken to Whitehall Garda station, being charged with public drunkenness and a breach of the peace. He was later on released on cash bail.
Meyers' lawyer, Michael Staines, who represented him during the hearing at the Dublin District Court said his client's behavior at the airport was "unacceptable and out of character." He, however, said his client "unreservedly apologizes" to airport security guards, police and staff at the British airline BMI, and planned to make a donation to an unspecified charity as a way to acknowledge his wrongdoing.
State prosecutors confirmed that day they had accepted an apology from the actor and dropped the charges. They, in fact, gave Meyers a legal caution, a probationary action under which he could face harsher penalties if he behaves that way in public in Ireland again.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala