Vivica A. Fox Surrendered Herself to the LAPD to Be Formally Booked for DUI Charges
Vivica A. Fox surrendered herself to the LAPD Wednesday afternoon December 5th to be formally booked for her March DUI charges.
The former "Dancing With the Stars" competitor was ordered Monday December 2nd to get herself booked by December 11th, due to her DUI arrest back in March, otherwise a warrant will be issued for her arrest.
According to her booking sheet, obtained by TMZ.com, Fox arrived at the L.A. Police Department's Van Nuys division at 12:15 p.m. It is said that the actress was at the station for approximately 20 minutes and was "very congenial."
Fox, famous for her role as Jasmine Dubrow in "Independence Day" (1996), was pulled over on March 20th in the San Fernando Valley after a patrol car noticed her 2007 Cadillac Escalade traveling on a Los Angeles freeway at about 80 mph in a 65-mph zone. To make matter worse she was unable to stay in the correct lane and failed a field sobriety test.
She, according to further media reports, then got all racial to one of the arresting officers, who happened to be black. "Brother help a sister, are you going to let this racist white cop do this ... well are you?'" so Fox was quoted as saying.
Fox was released from jail on early March 21st. If convicted of both charges; misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit, the 42-year-old actress faces a maximum six months in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters