Johnny Depp to Play Famous Bank Robber?
Johnny Depp might join forces with renowned director, Michael Mann to portray another infamous criminal. According to Hollywood Reporter, the "Sweeney Todd" actor has been discussing the possibility of him playing the role of John Dillinger, a great bank robber in the early 1930s, with the producer of "Miami Vice" for his new movie.
The yet untitled project, which is about crime outbreak occurring in the Depression period, is an adaptation from nonfiction book written by Brian Burrrough, entitled "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-34". It will be produced by Universal with Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal as the executive producers, and Kevin Misher as the producer. The production of the movie is expected to begin in March and to take place in Chicago.
Burrough's book tells the story about the series of bank robberies done by Baby Face Nelson, Pretty Boy Floyd, Bonnie and Clyde, and the notorious John Dillinger who was shot down by the FBI agents and police on July 22, 1934. It also chronicled the efforts of J. Edgar Hoover and F.B.I. to stop the bank robberies and to bring the gangsters to justice.
It is said that Depp is planning to sign up for the movie because his two latest projects have been postponed last month due to the writers' strike. Before the strike, Depp was expected to join the production of Warner Bros. Pictures' "Shantaram" followed with the production of "The Rum Diary".
More Johnny Depp News
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star