Movies Rock: a Celebration of Music in Film, the Recap
Movies Rock, the harmonious clash of music and classic movies happened on Sunday, December 2. Carrie Underwood, highlighted the event by delivering a rendition of Julie Andrews' 'The Sound of Music', her mom's favorite.
The event held at Kodak Theater was a gathering of movie icons such as Alicia Silverstone, Eddie Murphy and Molly Sims with notable musicians like Tony Bennett, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce Knowles.
Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie, brought James Bond theme, 'Live and Let Die', alive on-stage while suspended mid-air as part of the stage act. When asked about her willingness to be Bond Girl, Fergie said: "I'm so busy, they'd have to kill me off early in the film so that I can do all the other projects I'm committed to." Her actor boyfriend, Josh Duhamel was also present.
Blige did a duet with John Legend on Casablanca's theme song 'As Times Go By', complete with the stage version background of the movie's set. Beyonce sang one of popular old-time songs, 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' which is the ost. of Wizard of Oz.
Meanwhile, Nicole Scherzinger paid tribute to Marilyn Monroe by singing 'Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend', clutched in pink dress, similar to that Monroe wore in the 1953 film, 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'. Nicole's performance came as a surprise since its was booked for Jennifer Lopez who cancelled few weeks ago due to her pregnancy.
Movies Rock will be broadcast on Friday, December 7 at 9PM ET/PT on CBS.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung