David Beckham Wanted for Cameo Role in Nicole Kidman's Australia?
Noticed for his well-built physique, David Beckham is said to get touted for a cameo appearance in 20th Century Fox period epic "Australia."
The famous soccer athlete is reported by U.K.'s the Daily Star to catch the eye of star Nicole Kidman, who thinks he would be ideal to play to play a hunky builder. The actress has even recommended him to the project's director, Baz Luhrmann.
"Nicole let slip that she thought David would be perfect to play a laborer in the film, and Baz agrees," a source told the paper. "Apparently Baz thinks David would be great in Australia. He has all the perfect qualities for the role and is so humble, he would be brilliant."
The person added: "It's only a small role, but everyone is hoping David will consider doing it."
"Australia" has been in production for nine months and is scheduled to get back into filming in March 2008 for a theatrical release later that year. Story takes place during the bombing of Darwin in Australia during World War II and centers on Kidman's character Lady Sarah Ashley, an English aristocrat who is left in control of a cattle station in the country.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences