Spice Girls Kicked Off Their Reunion Gig in Canada
'Girl Power' was omnipresent in the first concert of Spice Girls' reunion scheme. The band kicked off the world tour in Vancouver, Canada on Sunday, December 2, with 20,000 people in the audience seat.
The opening song was the upbeat and highly-energetic 'Spice Up Your Life' that was followed by a greeting from 'Sporty Spice' Melanie C. "How ya' doing?" she shouted to the audience who roared in return. Among the crowd were Victoria 'Posh Spice' Adams' husband David Beckham and Canadian singer Avril Lavigne.
"We are normal girls, and it's scary going back into something when you're not sure how people are going to take you," Emma Bunton aka Baby Spice said in the backstage before the show was launched.
The girls will head to San Jose tomorrow (December 4) before serving lengthy performances at London's O2 in mid December up to late January. They have been banned from giving away tickets for their celebrity friends, manager Simon Fuller said.
Spice Girls' Rehearsal Behind-the-Scene:
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video