Spice Girls Kicked Off Their Reunion Gig in Canada
'Girl Power' was omnipresent in the first concert of Spice Girls' reunion scheme. The band kicked off the world tour in Vancouver, Canada on Sunday, December 2, with 20,000 people in the audience seat.
The opening song was the upbeat and highly-energetic 'Spice Up Your Life' that was followed by a greeting from 'Sporty Spice' Melanie C. "How ya' doing?" she shouted to the audience who roared in return. Among the crowd were Victoria 'Posh Spice' Adams' husband David Beckham and Canadian singer Avril Lavigne.
"We are normal girls, and it's scary going back into something when you're not sure how people are going to take you," Emma Bunton aka Baby Spice said in the backstage before the show was launched.
The girls will head to San Jose tomorrow (December 4) before serving lengthy performances at London's O2 in mid December up to late January. They have been banned from giving away tickets for their celebrity friends, manager Simon Fuller said.
Spice Girls' Rehearsal Behind-the-Scene:
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park