Spice Girls Kicked Off Their Reunion Gig in Canada
'Girl Power' was omnipresent in the first concert of Spice Girls' reunion scheme. The band kicked off the world tour in Vancouver, Canada on Sunday, December 2, with 20,000 people in the audience seat.
The opening song was the upbeat and highly-energetic 'Spice Up Your Life' that was followed by a greeting from 'Sporty Spice' Melanie C. "How ya' doing?" she shouted to the audience who roared in return. Among the crowd were Victoria 'Posh Spice' Adams' husband David Beckham and Canadian singer Avril Lavigne.
"We are normal girls, and it's scary going back into something when you're not sure how people are going to take you," Emma Bunton aka Baby Spice said in the backstage before the show was launched.
The girls will head to San Jose tomorrow (December 4) before serving lengthy performances at London's O2 in mid December up to late January. They have been banned from giving away tickets for their celebrity friends, manager Simon Fuller said.
Spice Girls' Rehearsal Behind-the-Scene:
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival