61 Foreign Features Qualified for 2008 Golden Globes
Numerous pictures in foreign languages were released and noticed this year, but only sixty-one of them that are able to attract the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA).
Yes, the organizers has announced through its president Jorge Camara that that's the exact number of titles it is currently considering for the Best Foreign Language Film slot of the 65th annual Golden Globe Awards. Included in the roster are "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", "The Kite Runner", and "Lust, Caution", which ironically was removed by Taiwan as its best foreign film Oscar entry.
Both "Diving" and "Runner" actually would have been eligible for Best Motion Picture prizes had it not for a new change in the awards' rules. It is reported that films which have at least 51 percent foreign-language dialogue will only be considered for foreign-language kudos even if they're American, thereby preventing the twosome to compete for the top honors. On the other hand, the rules enable Israeli pic "The Band's Visit" to vie for best picture title instead of foreign nods since the flick mostly uses English in its dialogue.
In the meantime, HPFA also revealed other number of works qualified to compete for mentions at the upcoming prestigious awards event, rounding out 194 live-action motion pictures, 9 animated feature films, 120 television series, 37 mini-series or telefilms, and 83 songs altogether. Nominations will be unveiled on December 13, 2007 with the ceremony to take place at The Beverly Hilton on January 13, 2008.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'