61 Foreign Features Qualified for 2008 Golden Globes
Numerous pictures in foreign languages were released and noticed this year, but only sixty-one of them that are able to attract the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA).
Yes, the organizers has announced through its president Jorge Camara that that's the exact number of titles it is currently considering for the Best Foreign Language Film slot of the 65th annual Golden Globe Awards. Included in the roster are "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", "The Kite Runner", and "Lust, Caution", which ironically was removed by Taiwan as its best foreign film Oscar entry.
Both "Diving" and "Runner" actually would have been eligible for Best Motion Picture prizes had it not for a new change in the awards' rules. It is reported that films which have at least 51 percent foreign-language dialogue will only be considered for foreign-language kudos even if they're American, thereby preventing the twosome to compete for the top honors. On the other hand, the rules enable Israeli pic "The Band's Visit" to vie for best picture title instead of foreign nods since the flick mostly uses English in its dialogue.
In the meantime, HPFA also revealed other number of works qualified to compete for mentions at the upcoming prestigious awards event, rounding out 194 live-action motion pictures, 9 animated feature films, 120 television series, 37 mini-series or telefilms, and 83 songs altogether. Nominations will be unveiled on December 13, 2007 with the ceremony to take place at The Beverly Hilton on January 13, 2008.
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?