R&B Star Akon Charged in Fan-Tossing Incident, Scheduled to Appear in Court
Akon eats the bitter fruit of becoming an entertainer. The authorities have at last decided to bring several charges against the R&B icon for tossing a teenager off the stage onto another spectator who said she suffered a concussion as a result.
Police in Fishkill say they've charged Akon with misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment. Both charges stemmed from an incident that saw the star caught on tape tossing a young fan into the crowd during a concert at radio station WSPK's KFEST in Fishkill, N.Y. back on June 3rd.
The "Smack That" singer was performing when suddenly someone in the crowd threw an object at the stage in his direction. He then asked the crowd to point out the individual who did that and ordered security to bring the audience member on stage.
Once the concertgoer, identified simply as a 15-year-old boy whose name is being kept under wrap, was on stage, Akon threw off his jewelry and shirt before later on picked up, hoisted him over his shoulders and hurled the teen back into the crowd. The victim landed on another teen who told the local paper she was later diagnosed with a concussion.
Akon has since then been put under investigation and agreed to cooperate with police.
Concerning the recent charges, Akon is scheduled to appear in Fishkill Town Court Monday morning December 3rd for arraignment.
Watch the fan tossing incident in the below video.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell