Pete Wentz to Terminate Ashlee Simpson's SNL Scandal
When Ashlee Simpson was caught in technical fault at a Saturday Night Live performance in 2004, she has since become a target of constant jokes including that by a rock band named Neurosonic. Simpsons's rocker boyfriend, Pete Wentz, is handling this matter legally.
Wentz has issued a written request to the Canadian band to stop mocking Simpson with their song 'So Many People'. The Fall Out Boy bassist has asked them to stop performing the song live, New York Daily News gossip column PageSix reported.
The band has made a reference to the lip-sync incident, saying in the beginning of the song, "Everything under the sun / Going to hell in an episode of 'SNL' / Busted on the TV / You ugly girl, you cannot sing / Can't even lip sync / Apparently money can even buy you dignity."
There was also a report that Neurosonic frontman Jason Darr asked their audience at New York's Knitting Factory to dance just like Simpson did when she tried to cover the incident.
Neurosonic, 'So Many People':
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens