Pete Wentz to Terminate Ashlee Simpson's SNL Scandal
When Ashlee Simpson was caught in technical fault at a Saturday Night Live performance in 2004, she has since become a target of constant jokes including that by a rock band named Neurosonic. Simpsons's rocker boyfriend, Pete Wentz, is handling this matter legally.
Wentz has issued a written request to the Canadian band to stop mocking Simpson with their song 'So Many People'. The Fall Out Boy bassist has asked them to stop performing the song live, New York Daily News gossip column PageSix reported.
The band has made a reference to the lip-sync incident, saying in the beginning of the song, "Everything under the sun / Going to hell in an episode of 'SNL' / Busted on the TV / You ugly girl, you cannot sing / Can't even lip sync / Apparently money can even buy you dignity."
There was also a report that Neurosonic frontman Jason Darr asked their audience at New York's Knitting Factory to dance just like Simpson did when she tried to cover the incident.
Neurosonic, 'So Many People':
More Ashlee Simpson News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says