Pete Wentz to Terminate Ashlee Simpson's SNL Scandal
When Ashlee Simpson was caught in technical fault at a Saturday Night Live performance in 2004, she has since become a target of constant jokes including that by a rock band named Neurosonic. Simpsons's rocker boyfriend, Pete Wentz, is handling this matter legally.
Wentz has issued a written request to the Canadian band to stop mocking Simpson with their song 'So Many People'. The Fall Out Boy bassist has asked them to stop performing the song live, New York Daily News gossip column PageSix reported.
The band has made a reference to the lip-sync incident, saying in the beginning of the song, "Everything under the sun / Going to hell in an episode of 'SNL' / Busted on the TV / You ugly girl, you cannot sing / Can't even lip sync / Apparently money can even buy you dignity."
There was also a report that Neurosonic frontman Jason Darr asked their audience at New York's Knitting Factory to dance just like Simpson did when she tried to cover the incident.
Neurosonic, 'So Many People':
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie