Pete Wentz to Terminate Ashlee Simpson's SNL Scandal
When Ashlee Simpson was caught in technical fault at a Saturday Night Live performance in 2004, she has since become a target of constant jokes including that by a rock band named Neurosonic. Simpsons's rocker boyfriend, Pete Wentz, is handling this matter legally.
Wentz has issued a written request to the Canadian band to stop mocking Simpson with their song 'So Many People'. The Fall Out Boy bassist has asked them to stop performing the song live, New York Daily News gossip column PageSix reported.
The band has made a reference to the lip-sync incident, saying in the beginning of the song, "Everything under the sun / Going to hell in an episode of 'SNL' / Busted on the TV / You ugly girl, you cannot sing / Can't even lip sync / Apparently money can even buy you dignity."
There was also a report that Neurosonic frontman Jason Darr asked their audience at New York's Knitting Factory to dance just like Simpson did when she tried to cover the incident.
Neurosonic, 'So Many People':
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'