Video Premiere: The White Stripes' 'Conquest'
The White Stripes have just premiered the promised music video of their third single from 'Icky Thump'. The hilarious clip for 'Conquest', a cover of Pattie Page's 1950's song, was premiered on MTV yesterday (November 26).
The music video took the theme of bullfighting where frontman Jack White becomes the pro and cocky matador who does his job with style. Drummer Meg White meanwhile, appears to be Jack's assistant who won't bother with what he was doing.
Diane Martel (The Killers' 'Read My Mind', Ciara's 'Promise') has taken the job as the director. The shooting took place in Artesia, California. It was revealed on the band's official site that for the role of matador, Jack had "trained extensively with famed bullfighter Dennis Borba".
'Conquest' will be released as a single in a series of 7-inch colored vinyl on December 18.
The White Stripes, 'Conquest':
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- Calvin Harris Premieres Beachy Music Video for 'Feels' Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?