Reese Witherspoon Turned Down Jake Gyllenhaal's Marriage Proposal
To go public with their budding romance is no problem for Reese Witherspoon, but when it comes to marriage proposal she surely won't rush down that soon. The actress has reportedly turned down actor boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal's marriage proposal, much to his dismal.
Jake and Reese were on vacation in Italy when he planned a romantic day with her, strolled around the Piazza di Spagna, visited the Trinita dei Monti, walked up the Spanish Steps, and had an intimate lunch at the Piazza Campo di Fiori. During the evening, they climbed up the Monte Mario hill, and then had dinner at the Zodiaco cafe, where he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him.
"Reese says it is just too soon after her divorce from Ryan to think about marrying again. She is madly in love with Jake, but her divorce just became final, and she doesn't want to rush into anything," so said a source. "Reese wants to take things very slowly because of her two young children. She doesn't want anything to upset or disrupt them. It took her a while to introduce them to Jake - she didn't want them to know they were a couple until they were definitely serious about each other."
Reese and Jake became close during the filming of their big screen project, "Rendition". Since then they caught wide attention and were rumored to be dating. After repeatedly denials, they finally made their romance public late last month with photos of them getting up close and personal appeared in almost every major media in the town.
Reese and former husband Ryan Phillippe met when a mutual friend brought the actor to her 21st-birthday party. They married in June 1999 and had since then had two children together, daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe and son Deacon Phillippe. In October 2006 they announced their separation and had their divorce officially terminated on October 5 this year.
More Reese Witherspoon News
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016