Reese Witherspoon Turned Down Jake Gyllenhaal's Marriage Proposal
To go public with their budding romance is no problem for Reese Witherspoon, but when it comes to marriage proposal she surely won't rush down that soon. The actress has reportedly turned down actor boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal's marriage proposal, much to his dismal.
Jake and Reese were on vacation in Italy when he planned a romantic day with her, strolled around the Piazza di Spagna, visited the Trinita dei Monti, walked up the Spanish Steps, and had an intimate lunch at the Piazza Campo di Fiori. During the evening, they climbed up the Monte Mario hill, and then had dinner at the Zodiaco cafe, where he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him.
"Reese says it is just too soon after her divorce from Ryan to think about marrying again. She is madly in love with Jake, but her divorce just became final, and she doesn't want to rush into anything," so said a source. "Reese wants to take things very slowly because of her two young children. She doesn't want anything to upset or disrupt them. It took her a while to introduce them to Jake - she didn't want them to know they were a couple until they were definitely serious about each other."
Reese and Jake became close during the filming of their big screen project, "Rendition". Since then they caught wide attention and were rumored to be dating. After repeatedly denials, they finally made their romance public late last month with photos of them getting up close and personal appeared in almost every major media in the town.
Reese and former husband Ryan Phillippe met when a mutual friend brought the actor to her 21st-birthday party. They married in June 1999 and had since then had two children together, daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe and son Deacon Phillippe. In October 2006 they announced their separation and had their divorce officially terminated on October 5 this year.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie