Shakira's Sexiness Caused a Stir in Afghanistan
Shakira has encountered a problem in Afghanistan through her hips. The Colombian singer has sparked a friction between the Muslim country's government and their national TV station after the latter broadcast her sexy moves.
While her shows are known to sometimes feature her belly-dancing and skimpy clothes, one of it didn't impress Afghani government when it was broadcast on Tolo TV. It was deemed as the latest sign of bad western influence that, as a pro-government newspaper said, will prompt more suicide bombers.
However, Saad Mohseni, the owner of Tolo TV, had a different point of view on Shakira's performance, saying "This was not that provocative and Shakira was pixillated."
He added, "The government are looking for an excuse to have a go at us. When we give airtime to the Taliban we are 'talking to terrorists, when we air people criticizing the government we are told we are 'opposing peace and reconciliation'".
President of the country, Hamid Karzi is now looking forward to impose a new law that will limit the type of footage that can be broadcast on the national television. The new censorship law will give the government "greater powers to limit broadcasts that are deemed damaging to Afghanistan and its culture."
More Shakira News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen