Christina Applegate Goes Unwrapped in PETA Card
Christina Applegate puts on her PETA's supporter hat and doing her job to speak the "Fur: Get Me Not!" campaign, giving her support for the animal rights group by appearing naked in a new advertising campaign asking people to cross fur off their Christmas list.
The actress, who's currently starring on the ABC's sitcom "Samantha Who?" posed for PETA's new promotional ads, in form of e-card, wearing nothing more than a pair of Christmas themed gloves covering her chest. Her campaign slogan reads, "Cross cruelty off your shopping list by avoiding fur coats, collars and cuffs - unless it's fake of course."
In her exclusive interview with PETA, the vegetarian actress recalled on her becoming a vegetarian for the first time, saying "I was eating lunch on the Married With Children set, and they served me some kind of meat (I don't even know the names of them all anymore because it's been so long). I looked down and there was blood on my plate, and it was that realization, that I can't eat something that has been alive, I just can't do it. So I stopped, and that was it. That was the last time."
When asked on her becoming aware of the animal suffering involved in the fur trade, Applegate who claimed her little fur coat she owned when was 6 years old as the only one she has ever had in her life, said that when she became a vegetarian she "just started reading more and more about where fur comes from and what they do to the animals. It all went hand-in-hand together. That was when I was 15."
Read the full interview at PETA.
Some other celebrities who have given their support to PETA, including Alicia Silverstone, Pamela Anderson, and Stella McCartney.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit