Christina Applegate Goes Unwrapped in PETA Card
Christina Applegate puts on her PETA's supporter hat and doing her job to speak the "Fur: Get Me Not!" campaign, giving her support for the animal rights group by appearing naked in a new advertising campaign asking people to cross fur off their Christmas list.
The actress, who's currently starring on the ABC's sitcom "Samantha Who?" posed for PETA's new promotional ads, in form of e-card, wearing nothing more than a pair of Christmas themed gloves covering her chest. Her campaign slogan reads, "Cross cruelty off your shopping list by avoiding fur coats, collars and cuffs - unless it's fake of course."
In her exclusive interview with PETA, the vegetarian actress recalled on her becoming a vegetarian for the first time, saying "I was eating lunch on the Married With Children set, and they served me some kind of meat (I don't even know the names of them all anymore because it's been so long). I looked down and there was blood on my plate, and it was that realization, that I can't eat something that has been alive, I just can't do it. So I stopped, and that was it. That was the last time."
When asked on her becoming aware of the animal suffering involved in the fur trade, Applegate who claimed her little fur coat she owned when was 6 years old as the only one she has ever had in her life, said that when she became a vegetarian she "just started reading more and more about where fur comes from and what they do to the animals. It all went hand-in-hand together. That was when I was 15."
Read the full interview at PETA.
Some other celebrities who have given their support to PETA, including Alicia Silverstone, Pamela Anderson, and Stella McCartney.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star