New Video: The Killers' 'Shadowplay'
In what came as a surprise, The Killers premiered a second video from their compilation album 'Sawdust'. The rock band released a clip for their cover of Joy Division's 'Shadowplay' that also becomes the soundtrack of British film 'Control'.
Since the movie is a biopic for Joy Division's frontman, Ian Curtis, the band share some of their shots in the video with excerpts from the 2007 movie.
'Shadowplay' has been covered by many artists, but The Killer's version has stood out among the crowd. Upon its digital release last month, it peaked at #68 on Billboard Hot 100 chart.
'Sawdust' is a compilation from the band containing rarities, B-sides and unreleased tracks. Earlier this month, the band released a music video for its first single 'Tranquilizer' that also features Lou Reed.
The Killers, 'Shadowplay':
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences